What causes night blindness to happen?

Inherited Disease. Retinitis pigmentosa is a group of inherited disorders that cause degeneration of the retina and vision loss. The condition can be inherited in multiple ways and has a variety of symptoms. The most common ones are night blindness and gradual loss of peripheral vision. There is currently no proven treatment, however gene therapy is being explored as a possibility.
Nyctalopia. Or night blindness is a symptom of something else such as myopia or malnutrition it is treated based on the cause. It is the inability to see at night or in low light environment.