Could I still have anemia if I eat meat?

Dr. Robert Lang
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

There are many causes of anemia and deficiency of iron is only one of them. If you get enough iron and are anemic, you need a medical evaluation.

Dr. Robert Lang
Dr. Robert Lang
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Of course....

Anemia is simply a red cell mass insufficient to meet the needs of the tissues without triggering compensatory mechanisms.
A mathematical definition is a red cell mass that is more than 2 standard deviations below the mean for age and sex. There are many causes of anemia, that reflect either decreased production or increased losses. If this is an issue for you, you need to be evaluated by your dr.

In brief: Of course....

Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Peter Kurzweil