What is symptom of macular degeneration?

Dr. Samuel Barone
Ophthalmology
In brief: Decreased vision
Both the wet and dry forms of armd cause decrease in central vision.
Distortion is often an early symptom and an amsler grid is a good self screening tool. Vision loss from the dry form is usually slowly progressive and lessor in degree than the wet form which can have very dramatic decrease in vision that is rapid and significant.

In brief: Decreased vision
Dr. Samuel Barone
Dr. Samuel Barone
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: Varries
I have seen patients with many different symptoms (first sign) of macular degeneration.
The most common is decreased ability to read (or need more light to read) or difficulty adapting to sudden changes in the lighting in the environment; light to dark or dark to light situations.

In brief: Varries
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Jack Hinkle