Macular degeneration -- what can be done about it?

See Below. Dry (nonexudative) age-related macular degeneration (amd) is treated with areds (age-related eye disase study) vitamins and tocacco cessation. Wet (exudative) amd is treated with ocular injections (intravitreal avastin, lucentis, (ranibizumab) or eylea). See a retina specialist. There are no cures.
Supplements. You can take supplements that have been show to slow the progression by up to 25% - see areds on the internet. You can treat the condition when it turns wet. See eye care specialist.