Do older mothers somehow lead to or cause learning disorders in child?

Dr. Gary Snead
ADHD & Autism
In brief: Not likely
I am not aware of specific research.
Personal experience as a pediatrician, father of four, and husband of a wife who was very involved in mops and other mother-child groups for many years, leads me to think older moms may be able to better recognize learning differences and to work with them, than younger or less experienced mothers.

In brief: Not likely
I am not aware of specific research.
Dr. Gary Snead
Dr. Gary Snead
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Do you mean
Disorders that can cause intellectual disibility? Pregnant women 35 and older have a higher risk of having a child with down syndrome & other chromosomal abnormalities.
Integrated 1st & 2nd trimester screening has a detection rate of 95%. Advanced maternal and paternal age are both associated with a higher risk of autistic spectrum disorders.Specific learning disabilities are not increased.

In brief: Do you mean
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Richard Levenson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Learning Disorders
There is no evidence at present to suggest that the age of the parent correlates with learning disorders in children.

In brief: Learning Disorders
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Cindy Juster