How many menstrual cycles can you miss due to amenorrhea before becoming infertile?

Dr. Joshua Klein
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Addendum

I agree with dr chenette, but would just add that, in direct answer to your question, there is no maximum numbe of cycles you can miss beyond which you will become infertile.

In brief: Addendum

Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Frank Yelian

In brief: Depends

Infertility is defined by a couple with unprotected sexual intercourse for more than one year without pregnancy.
Or six months for women over 35. For someone like you with irregular period, or amenorrhea, it depends on the cause of amenorrhea. I suggest to see a fertility doctor and do some tests.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Seek expert help

Effective treatments are available for most forms of amenorrhea, and a woman with amenorrhea should seek help from an expert if she is trying to conceive.
The broad categories of amenorrhea are: lazy pituitary - not enough stimulating hormone ovarian insufficiency - low egg number uterine problems - cervical blockage or endometrial insufficiency the source of amenorrhea can be treated.

In brief: Seek expert help

Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Marsha Davis