Are prematurely born children more likely to have learning difficulties in school?

In brief: Maybe,maybe not
Much depends on how early and what if any complications occurred along the way.
Most premis fall into the 34-37 week range, most of who will be normal. Those born at 24-28 wks are much more likely to have problems. One of my smallest newborns (14 oz) graduated from the honors program at Baylor a few years ago, so I each kid is different.

In brief: Maybe,maybe not
Dr. Steven Chen
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Often
I don't have the statistics for this, but in my clinical experience premature birth can cause significant difficulties in maturation and affect a person's ability to perform in school.
This includes struggling with a learning ability.

In brief: Often
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Shontae Buffington