How can I lessen my lazy eye?

In brief: Define "lessen"

Lazy eye or amblyopia in a 49 yo would most often be permanent.
If you mean can an alignment problem be improved, probably. But since useful vision is one way the eyes stay lined up, it may not stay fixed.This happens because one eye is weaker or sends a different image to the brain.If caught early & treated, some vision can be preserved.If it goes on too long, the brain turns the weak camera off

In brief: Define "lessen"

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Full exam

Patching, glasses and/or surgery can help.
A full exam for lazy eye includes looking for signs of and causes of lazy eye. These include a big difference in vision between eyes, as well as misalignment of the eyes. Eyes drops are usually used to dilate for the complete testing.

In brief: Full exam

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Cindy Juster