What are the best eye drops to use for itchy eyes with allergies?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Several options

There are several otc meds that available that are ocular antihistamines.
Tears and similar otc moisturizing drops are helpful as well. Interestingly, there is some data that rx nasal steroids can help with ocular symptoms.

In brief: Several options

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: Several options

There are vasoconstrictor drops such as visine that can help for occasional use.
Patanol is an antiinflammatory that is useful. One nasal steroid, Veramyst is also approved for treating ocular symptoms (you still put it in your nose, not your eyes). Prevention is the best treatment, however, by taking a daily antihistamine or having immunotherapy. Call me if you're in my area.

In brief: Several options

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart