Eye doctor says im at risk for stroke because of hypertensive retinopathy?

Absolutely. Theres the old saying that the eyes are the window to the soul. It's very true that may diseases are diagnosed by findings in the eye. If your eye dr. Saw changes in your retina caused by hypertension, it definitely raises your possibility of stroke. With 750, 000 strokes happening each year, you need prompt evaluation and treatment. See your family md as soon as you can. Good luck!
Yes. Your hypertension needs to be controlled better. Htn is a risk factor for stroke, heart disease, peripheral artery disease, and kidney disease. See stroke. Org and heart. Org.