Why am I seeing a floater in my left eye when im looking at something white or while driving in the morning?

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters

It sounds as if you have had a posterior vitreous detachment.
This is a situation where the vitreous(jelly) of the eye detaches (not a retinal detachment), it then "crumples" up leaving dots, spots, strands of blurry vitreous; i.e. The "floater". You should have an exam to ensure the incident did not tear the retina, which could lead to a retinal detachment.

In brief: Floaters

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham

In brief: No problem

Floaters are common protein deposits in the eye which an be seen when looking at bright lights usually not a concern.

In brief: No problem

Dr. Richard Ohnmacht
Dr. Richard Ohnmacht
Dr. Jack Hinkle