Do anesthesia shots for eyelid surgery hurt?

Maybe. Depending on the tightness of the tissues and the ph of the drug and your skin ph, it can burn rather than hurt if done in the office or other medical problems affect IV sedation. I always askwhatthey feel at the dentist.
It depends. If done without any sedation, the shots will burn as they go in for about 30 seconds. With sedation, you shouldn't be too aware of the pain.
Brief discomfort. The injection of local anesthesia to any part of the body stings briefly before the area becomes numb. Patients who are very anxious about needles can take medications such as Xanax (alprazolam) or Valium in advance to help them relax. Your doctor may add bicarbonate to the local anesthetic to decrease the stinging sensation, and use of a very small needle helps minimize discomfort.
See below. Usually done with IV sedation and not general anesthesia. Patient usually receives a sedative before the eye injection, so that patient does not even know about the eyelid injections.
Local anesthesia. Some cosmetic eyelid surgery may be performed via local anesthesia. Plastic surgeons provide this anesthesia gently and slowly to minimize any discomfort. The local anesthesia is given by very small needles. Patients normally feel a brief "pinch" then immediate numbing.
Very little. The local anesthesia shots stung a little, but not too bad. Many people do eyelid surgery under local anesthesia.
Almost never. Local anesthesia for eyelid surgery is almoat always accompanied by some type of conscious sedation, i.e. Medication given to relax you and make you mildly drowsy. The lids are anesthetized with a very tiny needle; most patients tolerate this very well.