Who does good eyelid surgery in general--plastic surgeon or eye doctor?

Eye plastic surgery. I suggest that you consult with a plastic surgeon, a facial plastic surgeon, or an oculoplastic surgeon who performs plastic surgery of the eyelids (blepharoplasty) on a regular basis. Be sure to look at before and after photos of patients on whom the surgeon has performed this procedure. Check that the doctor has hospital privileges and operates in an accredited facility.
Both. There are many excellent physicians in both specialties. Find a surgeon that shares your same aesthetic eye, is detailed in their approach and appears knowledgeable and experienced in the procedure. If you choose an eye doctor, find one with special training in the area of cosmetic surgery (oculoplastic surgeon).
Depends . Surgical experience and results are more important than the specialty.
Could be either or.. A facial plastic surgeon, too. You need to do your homework about each doctor you are considering. Most, but not all, plastic surgeons do eyelid surgery routinely. Some ophthalmologists specialize in surgery of the eyelids, too. Most, but not all, facial plastic surgeon perform these procedures. Check out the doctor, ask all the questions you want to and insist on board certification.
Eye Doctor. If cosmetic eye surgery is a must for someone to undergo, an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) may be able to trouble-shoot more complicated issues if there were any to arise. Please inquire how many procedures that they have done since not all eye surgeons do particular cases all the time.