How long is the swelliing time after my upper eyelid surgery going to last?

Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology

In brief: 2-3 weeks

Swelling should be gone in 2-3 weeks, but can last longer depending on your health and how extensive the dissection of your procedure.
Ice the first few days after surgery and keep your head elevated.

In brief: 2-3 weeks

Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Short time

Cosmetic upper eyelid surgery may be performed via local anesthesia or IV sedation.
The immediate swelling after this blepharoplasty surgery resolves pretty quickly, usually within a week or so. The skin is still slowly improving after this initial period, but the swelling is normally only noticeable by you and your surgeon.

In brief: Short time

Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Minimal time

After eyelid surgery, there are multiple medical therapies for reduction of swelling.
Most of my patients return to work at day six. Sutures removed on day 5.

In brief: Minimal time

Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not long

Upper lid surgery (blepharoplasty) can often be done without much swelling or bruising at all.
It should all be gone by 7 days; sutures are removed after 4-5 days. This is, perhaps, the fastest healing area in the body.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press