I have an adrenal tumor on my right side, but i'm having pain in my side and back. Is this normal?

Ben Ferguson
Surgery
In brief: Yes.
The adrenal glands are situated atop the kidneys, which are positioned against the back body wall on either side.
One common symptom of adrenal tumors is flank pain, but they can also cause many other symptoms affecting multiple body systems because the adrenal glands play many roles in the regulation of important biological processes. If the pain worsens, changes, or moves, see your doctor.

In brief: Yes.
Ben Ferguson
Ben Ferguson
Answer assisted by Ben Ferguson, Medical Student
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
A tumor on the adrenal gland is located towards the back and side.
Therefore hurting where you say. If a cancer from another origin had spread there, we sometimes give palliative radiation to this area to alleviate the pain. Talk with your oncologist.

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Vicken Poochikian