I have some annoying eye floaters. How to treat them?

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters

Most common it is recommended to have an immediate exam when they first occur to rule out retinal detachment.
If there is only floaters, then wait a year and if they are still symptomatic then consider a vitrectomy to remove the vitreous and floaters. There is not much information and acceptance on using a yag laser to treat them, do internet search if you want more on yag. I do not recommend y.

In brief: Floaters

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: See opthalmologist

Tiny spots/ordinary eye floaters are very common and usually aren't cause for alarm. Doctors are willing to perform such surgery in rare instances when vision seriously is hampered.
The way to clean the vitreous and its specks and webs is to remove the gel-like substance entirely from the eye through a vitrectomy procedure. Usually, the vitreous is then replaced with saline.

In brief: See opthalmologist

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Vicken Poochikian