Red eye after cataract surgery due to infection?

Red eye. Red eye after cataract surgery is most often caused by subconjunctival bleeding, eye surface irritation doe to surgery or medications. Infection is very uncommon (1 out of 3000) and would generally be associated with significan pain and blurred vision. I would recommend seeing your doctor for further evaluation to be sure.
Possibly. Possible, but most likely not, infections are rare. You need to see your eye doctor immediately. If it is an infection a delay in treatment of just a few hours can make the difference between seeing perfectly vs being blind the rest of your life. Other possible causes of redness could be uveitis, allergy to drops, dryness, corneal abrasion.
Rarely. Eyes are commonly red for a time of healing after cataract removal. Sometimes there is bleeding under the outer lining which makes the eye appear very red. Infection is very rare and does cause redness but usually much pain and dramatically lowers the vision. Discuss this with your treating ophthalmologist immediately if you have any concerns.