When I read I seem to go cross-eyed. Do you know any eye exercises that can help?

Possibly. Please see your eye doctor to make sure that you have the coreect eyeglass prescription if any. You may also need to see a eye muscle specialist (strabismus specialist). Speak to your eye doctr and good luck!