How long will it take my eye to heal after cataract surgery so I can do the other one?

Dr. Victor Bello
Ophthalmology
In brief: Healing after cat Sg
Typically 2 to 3 weeks surgery in the other eye can be done as early as 3 days after the first one.
There has been recent efforts to consider, bilateral cataract surgery in one setting. What precluded this in the past is the remote possibility of an infection in one eye, that could conceivably affect both eyes.

In brief: Healing after cat Sg
Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: 2nd eye surgery
Most patients are healed and doing well quickly so they can have there second eye done within1-2 weeks of their first eye.

In brief: 2nd eye surgery
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: 1-4 weeks
I usually proceed with the second eye 1-4 weeks after the first, as long as the eye is healing well and the patient is happy!

In brief: 1-4 weeks
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery