How common is it for kids with autism to gobble their food and eat very fast?

David Escobar

In brief: No commonality

There is no real "common" characteristic among children with autism spectrum disorder, other than altered perceptions of socialization.
I know plenty of kids, without asd, that gobble and eat too quickly. So, this trait is not really characteristic of kids with asd, but could be considered characteristic of some kids and teenagers in general.

In brief: No commonality

David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Not specific to Autism, but needs to be addressed by child's behavioral or social skills group therapist.
Dr. Johanna Fricke