I have allergic conjunctivitis and I need answers about eye discharge. Is it contagious, how do I treat it, do I need to see doctor?

M.D. visit. If you have light sensitivity and thick discharge it could be an infection of the conjunctivae. If there is eye pain and redness, I would recommend seeing an Opthalmologist right away. Allergic conjunctivitis may be treated by gently rinsing the eye with sterile saline, avoiding the triggering agent and taking an antihistamine.
Allergic? Allergic conjunctivitis is not contagious - avoid the allergen and use an antihistamine. How do you know you have allergic conjunctivitis ? If you have not seen your doctor you should.