I have allergic conjunctivitis and I need answers about eye discharge. Is it contagious, how do I treat it, do I need to see doctor?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: M.D. visit
If you have light sensitivity and thick discharge it could be an infection of the conjunctivae.
If there is eye pain and redness, I would recommend seeing an Opthalmologist right away. Allergic conjunctivitis may be treated by gently rinsing the eye with sterile saline, avoiding the triggering agent and taking an antihistamine.

In brief: M.D. visit
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Allergic?
Allergic conjunctivitis is not contagious - avoid the allergen and use an antihistamine.
How do you know you have allergic conjunctivitis ? If you have not seen your doctor you should.

In brief: Allergic?
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Shontae Buffington