Does crushing the beads of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) XR and consuming cause an immediate effect?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Why?

You would get the best answer about this from a pharmacist.
I would have some concerns that crushing Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) XR would cause inconsistency with the effectiveness of the medicine. I think the bigger question would be why you would want to do this. If you are experiencing a need for a more immediate effect you can take regular Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) which would remove the need to try to manipulate the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) xr.

In brief: Why?

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes