Office worker, on computer all day. Sometimes I feel a numbness in my left pinky. I use my mouse with right hand. Have supports for keyboard and mouse?

Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Elbow pressure
This symptom is probably caused by compression of the ulnar nerve at the elbow.
It can happen if your arm rest is a little too high.

In brief: Elbow pressure
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
In brief: May Help
The keyboard and mouse supports may help, but pinky numbness often comes from nerve compression.
That can be at the elbow or wrist, or in rare cases even at the neck. Make sure your elbows and wrists aren't resting on hard surfaces or edges and take frequent breaks to stretch your wrists and arms. If the numbness persists or you develop weakness, see a doctor in person.

In brief: May Help
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
In brief: May Help

In brief: May Help
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Take breaks, and..
If keyboard is lower than desk surface, tilt the back edge of the keyboard slightly down.
Keep wrists in a neutral (straight) position—not bent up or down. Keep elbows at a slightly open angle-90? or greater. Keep shoulders relaxed, and elbows at side. Don't use wrist rests or armrests while typing-only while resting. If you have a broad chest, consider a "split" keyboard.

In brief: Take breaks, and..
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Ayman Jabr
In brief: Break
Take break often and walk for several minutes every a couple of hours;.

In brief: Break
Dr. Ayman Jabr
Dr. Ayman Jabr
Dr. Eric Weisman