Is it bad if I go tanning in a tanning bed for 10 minutes once a week (i don't burn easily) since I barely stay out in the sun (cancer wise/skin wise)?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Tanning beds
One study showed that the people who had used a tanning bed, tanning booth, or sun lamp were 2.
5 times more likely to develop the squamous type of cancer while the increase of basal cancer was 1.5 times greater when compared to those without cancer. The use of tanning beds increases the incidence of melanoma by 74%. Do not start using a tanning bed or you will be sorry.

In brief: Tanning beds
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: Avoid tanning beds
There is substantial evidence that tanning beds are associated with significantly increased risk of skin cancers.
They should be avoided. When you are outdoors, use good sun care measures, such as hats, sunscreens, & topical antioxidants. Try to do your activities before 10 am & after 4 pm. I don't believe everyone should take vitamin d supplements- easy enough to get your vitamin d level checked.

In brief: Avoid tanning beds
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology
Going to the tanning bed before the age of 35 raises your risk of melanoma by 75%.
There is no such thing has a healthy tan.

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Adam Smith