I am currently taking 10mg of clarytin once a day for hayfever, but it does appear to be working. It has in previously, what can I try instead. Andy?

Dr. Brian Bezack
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Allegra (fexofenadine) or Zyrtec

You may want to try a different anti-histamine like Allegra (fexofenadine) or zyrtec.
Sometimes switching to a different medication can make the difference. However, if those aren't helping with your symptoms either, it may not be allergies and you should see your doctor for an examination to determine the best treatment.

Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Other meds

You might try otc zyrtec, also an antihistamine/allergy med (that works on a different receptor).
Drowsiness is its most common side effect. Or your fp could prescribe a nasal steroid spray like Nasonex (mometasone) (& others) which can be used in combination with the Claritin or zyrtec.

In brief: Other meds

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Shontae Buffington