Constant dull pain that changes to shooting pains when I turn my head starting in the base of skull and travels to shoulders & mid back with nausea?

Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Neck problem

Most likely neck arthritis with a nerve irritation or a bulging disk to one side.
Each of these can cause an irritation of a nerve with neck motion. You need to see a spine surgeon. Most of these problem can be treated conservatively.

In brief: Neck problem

Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

There are several possiblities here.
It could be a pinched nerve, an arthritic problem in the neck or a disc protrusion. There are also a couple of other possibilities that seem less likely like something wrong with the blood vessels in the neck best to see your doctor asap and get it checked out, .

In brief: See below

There are several possiblities here.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Marsha Davis