I have low vit d(18), ldl(158). Is there a possibility that vitamin d deficiency raise LDL levels? If so 60, 000iu per week dosage reduce LDL levels.

Dr. William Cromwell
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: No Relationship

No relationship has been shown between low vitamin d and high ldl.
However, studies do show patients with low vitamin d may not tolerate statins well due to muscle aches, pain or weakness. Limited data also suggest that supplementing with vitamin d3 can improve tolerance to statins. Due to poor absorption of high doses many physicians recommend 5, 000 - 10, 000 iu daily instead of 50, 000 iu weekly.

In brief: No Relationship

Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Does not hurt to try

I am not aware of any specific research study showing this relationship, but i would not be surprised if it is so.
If you are young/healthy, LDL of 158 is not terribly high. So, take you vitd supplement and recheck the lab in a few months to see. Best of luck to you.

In brief: Does not hurt to try

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Umesh Patel