Is Lexapro (escitalopram) safe to take with phentermine?

Drug Interaction. In general, amphetamines and other sympathomimetic appetite suppressants such as Phentermine should not be combined with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like lexapro (escitalopram). Close monitoring for enhanced sympathomimetic effects and possible serotonin syndrome is recommended if these agents must be used together.
Lexapro (escitalopram) I would not advise the combination, since both cause increase serotonin in the brain & can lead to agitation & sweating & increased metabolic functions.