I have a stinging pain in my urethra & urge to urinate frequently but don't have a uti. It's lasted 3 days & has been worse am. I am 29 weeks pregnant?

In brief: See your doctor

The urgency and frequency could be pregnancy related since the uterus is pressing on the bladder, but the stinging is not normal.
It may be a vaginal infection, like yeast, but a recheck for a UTI with a culture is worthwhile since bladder infections can go into the kidney and be serious in pregnancy. Interstitial cystitis can mimic bladder infections, but would be unusual to start in pregnancy.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Urethral diverticulu

Urethral diverticulum and urolithiasis could account for your symptoms.
Please see a urologist in consultation with your obstetrician. Other possibilities include chlamydial urethritis and gonococcal urethritis - cultures for both should be obtained before antibiotics are administered. Finally, acute perineal pain can be due to herpes simplex.

In brief: Urethral diverticulu

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Steven Seres