What causes recurring redness on only one facial cheek, been going on for two years now.?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Facial redness

The auriculotemporal nerve supplies salivary and sweat glands as well as bloods vessels in the face.
When eating highly flavoured food, the nerves stimulate the flow of saliva to aid digestion. After injury, it is thought that these nerve impulses are "misdirected" to stimulate skin blood vessels and sweat glands rather than salivary flow. The result is facial redness and sweating. Usuall one side.

In brief: Facial redness

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Difficult to say

This is difficult to say without being able to examine the area, and to get more history.
I'd want to know such things as how often does it occur, how long does it last, are there related symptoms, does it occur certain times of the year, are there precipitating factors. I'd recommend that you see your dermatologist when it's flaring up.

In brief: Difficult to say

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet