There is a black dot blocking my vision when I run, on each step. I cannot see. It has happened just sitting down as well. I am only 18. Whats wrong?

In brief: Eye doctor to check!

A person who had normal vision, and then cannot see out of an eye (checked by covering one eye and then the other eye), needs to be examined by an eye doctor right away.
This is also true if the person cannot see one part of the picture from an eye. If there is a consistent spot that blocks part of the picture, the doctor needs to look (the E.R. Has an eye doctor on call, if it is after-hours).

In brief: Eye doctor to check!

Dr. Tal Raviv
Ophthalmology

In brief: Hard to tell

If the dot is moving around as if in liquid - this may represent a floater in the vitreous.
If the dot is constant it may be a problem with the retina or optic nerve. Either way, a new onset symptom like that warrants an immediate visit to the ophthalmologist.

In brief: Hard to tell

Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine