If I get nauseas and headaches on my birth control pills dos that mean I need more or less estrogen?

Difficult pharmacogn. Sometimes the dose-response relationship for hormones is not linear but complex - such as a horseshoe-shape, where side effects are associated with low and high doses, but not optimum doses. So no generalization for you is helpful, unfortunately. Dose titration experi-ments with your doctor's help should be able to clarify this.
Neither. Oral contraceptive tolerance is trial and error. There's no evidence that one combination or dosage causes fewer side-effects then the other. The side-effects you mention are very common but don't typically last more then three months on a new contraceptive.