Hi. I have irregular periods. Just got off the 2nd round of provera (medroxyprogesterone). Should I take Clomid to ovulate and get pregnan?

Dr. Traci Buxton
In brief: Not yet
It can take several months for your periods to regulate after you stop the depo-provera shot.
See your doctor if your periods haven't resumed 6 months after stopping the shot.

In brief: Not yet
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: It can help
Clomid (clomiphene) is a safe succesful treatment for many women ttc who have ovulatory problems.
It is not 100% successful but has a good track record. Absolutely only to be used under care of a doctor skilled in this area, and only after ruling out conflicting problems though.

In brief: It can help
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Jane Van Dis