Can you get endometriosis when you are 13?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
Very young women can have endometriosis, even before ever having a menstrual period.
Although various theories exist, no one really knows for sure how endometriosis forms. And for that matter, why it is more active in some women.

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Gerard Honore
The youngest patients I've personally treated for endometriosis were 17, but documented cases exist much younger. I have a colleague who treated surgically confirmed endometriosis in an 11 year old!
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
A common misconception is that only women well into their reproductive years can develop endometriosis.
In a study , 69 % of adolescents with severe and difficult to treat pelvic pain had endometriosis.

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez