I have had a jones fracture for 12 months now, 2 months ago I had surgery but still no healing, will I just have to live with it?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Some of them are

Problematic fracture dose need open reduction, it take a while to heal.

In brief: Some of them are

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Jones Fracture

Jones fractures have a hard time healing because there is an area of very poor blood supply between two different arteries.
Certain tendons will tend topull the bones apart making healing problematic. You may need to stay in a cast for up to 20 weeks as the next step. Occasionally they will put a plate across the fracture. Sometimes one just has to live with the discomfort. Good luck.

In brief: Jones Fracture

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery