I have had a jones fracture for 12 months now, 2 months ago I had surgery but still no healing, will I just have to live with it?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Some of them are
Problematic fracture dose need open reduction, it take a while to heal.

In brief: Some of them are
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Jones Fracture
Jones fractures have a hard time healing because there is an area of very poor blood supply between two different arteries.
Certain tendons will tend topull the bones apart making healing problematic. You may need to stay in a cast for up to 20 weeks as the next step. Occasionally they will put a plate across the fracture. Sometimes one just has to live with the discomfort. Good luck.

In brief: Jones Fracture
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine