How come some doctors who perform lasik surgery still wear glasses?

Eye glasses. The doctor may not want to have surgery or may wear the glasses for near vision. Lasik surgery is safe and effective for prescription correction and many eye doctors have lasik performed on themselves.
Depends upon age. Lasik will correct distance vision fully but for those over 40, it does not additionally correct the near vision. So many lasik doctors are in this age group, and while they might have had lasik performed upon themselves, they still need the near correction.