Does it hurt when the stitches are taken after blepharoplasty?

Dr. Nima Shemirani
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Eyelid surgery

Dear sgtron6, no it does not hurt.
We have gentle hands as a plastic surgeon, and it is very tolerable. Best regards, nima shemirani.

In brief: Eyelid surgery

Dear sgtron6, no it does not hurt.
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not much

Suture removal can cause slight discomfort, but is normally not a painful process.
I frequently use absorbable sutures in patients who are worried about suture removal. Ask you doctor if he/she could do this if you are concerned.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Darab Hormozi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

You should feel hardly anything during stitch removal.
Usually we use running sutures so there is only two knots for each eyelid making suture removal fast and painless.

In brief: No

Dr. Darab Hormozi
Dr. Darab Hormozi
Dr. Stephen Weber
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Minimal pain

The surgeons we use to close eyelid incisions are actually hard to see.
They are very fine and delicate. In some cases, they dissolve and do not need to be removed. In other cases a "permanent" suture must be removed at 5-7 days. It involves very little discomfort. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Minimal pain

Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Minimal discomfort

Sutures placed are of exceedingly small caliber. Not difficult to remove at all.
Minimal discomfort is experienced with the entire procedure. It can be undertaken without sedation, actually.

In brief: Minimal discomfort

Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. William Forsythe