How can you tell the difference between cystic fibrosis and asthma symptoms in a toddler?

Symptoms. Toddlers with asthma have episodic wheezing and/or coughing that are usually triggered by things such as.
Acute breathing! A toddler with asthma will make wheezing noises when they breathe, will have issues with activity and usually will have episodes of symptoms, often worse at night. A child with cystic fibrosis will usually have more serious infections and their sweat will be different. They will have much thicker mucus which is very hard to cough up. Asthma usually has the characteristic sound.