What do you know about sleep apnea surgery?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Patient selection
Surgery for obstructive sleep apnea (osa) is all about patient selection and patience.
Osa is due to airway collapse and ents have various medical (including cpap) and surgical treatments to treat this collapse. When my patients fail medical therapy or need help tolerating cpap, surgery might be the answer. It takes a tailored approach for each patient for a reasonable outcome.

In brief: Patient selection
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Nothing
Because I do not think that it is the right treatment.
Sleep apnea is associated with throat constriction but it is really a compromise of oxidation (oxygen use) in brainstem. In many cases it is due to deficiency of thiamine and/or magnesium affecting the oxidation process. Since sugar ovewhelms the oxidation mechanism it is often the villain in the process.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Information
Good discussion here: http://www.
sleepapnea.org/treat/treatment-options/surgery.html

In brief: Information
Good discussion here: http://www.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia