Sleep paralysis. Could this be linked to sleep apnea?

Dr. Stephen Pool
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Sleep Paralysis

Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep.
Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems. http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis#1

In brief: Sleep Paralysis

Dr. Stephen Pool
Dr. Stephen Pool
Dr. Steven Bender
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

The two entities could happen together but they are not causaly linked.
Sleep paralysis a disturbance of rapid eye movement sleep. During this time, the body has very low muscle tone but the brain is very active. A disturbance can cause us to awaken while we still have low muscle tone or as in the case of sleep walking, we may begin to move around during the rem period.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

This means that your rem sleep is compromised because that is when sleep paralysis occurs.
Sleep apnea is a compromise of brainstem. Both are most likely to be because of poor oxidation in brain. I suggest that you go to my blog, called "oxygen, the sparfk of life" that you can google. It is not easy reading but see the post "sweet and dangerous".

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Eric Weisman