Is it safe to give my baby medication for acid reflux?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: See below

You need to check with your local pediatrician or GI doctor before trying to medicate the child.
Yes there are conditions where acid reflux needs to be treated, but in children it should be done with the guidance of a doctor.

In brief: See below

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Michael Amster

As prescribed by your physician, reflux medication is very safe.
There is a small risk of abnormal movements, and platelet disorders, but I have never seen it. The risk from erosive esophagitis, poor nutrition, and weight loss generally outweigh the small risk due to the reflux medications. Make sure you are also following reflux precautions, like keeping the baby upright after eating.

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Jonathan Jassey