Can bronchiolitis develop into asthma?

Yes and no. Bronchiolitis before 6 months to 1 year of age can be the inciting event prior to the development of asthma later on in life. It is more likely if the patient also has: a parent with asthma, allergies, wheezing with subsequent colds, elevated blood ige level. However, there are many children who have an early episode of bronchiolitis that do no later have asthma.
Not exactly. Infants who developed bronchiolitis has 30% chance to experience recurrent wheezing(asthma), however, more than half of them "outgrow" when they reach 6 years old.