I am 24, for the past 3 yrs I have had a sharp pain, once or twice a wk in my lower back lasting about 5 minutes and relived by not moving, any idea?

In brief: To solve a mystery,
To solve a mystery of a 5 minute pain that happens once or twice a week, one has to write down on a big calendar: when it happens, exactly what happens, what makes it worse, what makes it better, what food/drink/meds he took that day, what activities/sports he did that day, etc.
.. Take the diary to the dr. After 6-9 episodes, and the dr. Can examine the patient and test for the many possibilities.

In brief: To solve a mystery,
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Muscle spasm
Pain only lasting five minutes is not likely to be inflammatory back pain, kidney stones, broken bone, infection, cancer.
A "pinched nerve" does not typically have these symptoms. Most likely it is muscle spasm. Get a referral to physical therapy or a chiropractor to learn what you can do yourself to lessen the recurrences of pain.

In brief: Muscle spasm
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Eric Weisman