How does someone get autoimmune disease?

Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Autoimmune disease
It is not fully understood and reasarch is still on .
It happens in idividuals who are genetically susceptible triggered by an offending agent which could be a bacteria, virus, environemental toxins , drugs , food allergens , radiation, chemicals , hormonal to name a few . It is a flu like onset with fatigue followed by symtoms referable to the target organ, tissue or cell that is affected.

In brief: Autoimmune disease
Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Very little.
I would like to say we can vaccinate things away.
But little is still known about the causation of ra, sle, and sjorgren's. We understand more the causation of psoriatic arthritis and spondylitis, but still do not have the final answers. Close, but no cookie!

In brief: Very little.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Eric Weisman