Is a plant based diet or a vegetarian diet best for someone who has type 2 diabetes or prediabetes?

In brief: Not for everyone...

A vegan diet with fat-free (plus once in a while low-fat dairy) milk can be quite healthy.
A vegan, ovo-vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo-vegetarian are all types of vegetarians. Because some things (calcium, vit.D, vit.B12, protein) are harder to get if a vegetarian eats no egg or dairy products, a strict vegan has a much harder time finding all the nutrients he needs to stay healthy.

In brief: Not for everyone...

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: The China Project

Is a book that discusses proper diet and all different types of foods.
The conclusion is a plant based diet is the most healthiest. Conclusions are drawn from evidence based medicine. (studies.) it explains why animal based foods are not healthy and cause many disease processes. Altering one's diet is not easy to do, but the rewards are bountiful if one can succeed.

In brief: The China Project

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Allen Fein

In brief: Want to feel better?

I have just completed 2 months of a vegan diet.
I have been feeling more energy than in ages. My weight dropped 15 pounds. Llooking a numbers, my fasting glucose dropped from 158 to 106, while staying on the same diabetic medication, victoza (liraglutide). Besides the better diet, i also try to walk 5 miles daily with my happy wheaten terrier. Vegan diet is very satisfying and you should try it yourself!

In brief: Want to feel better?

Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Adam Smith