What is the difference between the herpes zoster vaccine and gardasil?

HPV vs VZV - vaccine. Human Papilloma Virus is responsible for cervical cancers & a host of other (rare) cancers as well. Good to get protected against that -esp. if you're young. Shingles vaccine (herpes zoster vaccine) protects against the chickenpox virus that causes zoster or 'Shingles'. No one wants to get that, although the data suggests we have a 1/3 life time risk. I believe in prevention -both vaccines r safe.
HPV vs. shingles. Gardasil prevents human papillomavirus (hpv) infection. Hpv causes anogenital warts, dysplasia, and cancer. The herpes zoster vaccine prevents herpes zoster (shingles), a disease caused by varicella zoster virus in people who have previously had primary varicella (chickenpox).