What is the difference between immunology vs rheumatology?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Little!
You have essentially two specialities that cover the fields.
I trained in a division of clinical immunology and rheuamtology. Most of the non-structural diseases i treat involve the immune system. Allergist/immunologists will overlap, but the major focus is allergy and asthma than rheumatic issues.

In brief: Little!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Jonathan Hausmann
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Immune system
Immunology is a specialty that mostly focuses on deficiencies of the immune system, or diseases that make people susceptible to infections.
Rheumatology, on the other hand, generally focuses on problems of an overactive immune system, whereby the immune system seems to attack itself (autoimmunity), in diseases such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.

In brief: Immune system
Dr. Jonathan Hausmann
Dr. Jonathan Hausmann
Dr. William Forsythe