What is the best alternative treatment for someone with metastatic breast cancer?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: We don't know
I encourage you to ask your doctor and alternative providers to work together. There are no guaranteed "cures" with either alternative or western medicine.
However, therapies can complement each other, or they can counteract each other. You don't want that! some diets may inhibit cancer growth, and side effects may be relieved with alternative medicine. Be open and honest with all your docs!

In brief: We don't know
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Pathology
In brief: Get the facts
If the cancer is subject to hormonal manipulation or to the new biologicals, go with these.
If mainstream treatment options have clearly run out, resist the temptation to reward a sweet-taking "natural healing" or dark "conspiracy" talker with money for Rx's that won't work. ("They failed because you ate GMO food.") Get with hospice -- palliative care is good nowadays. Best wishes.

In brief: Get the facts
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Standard regimen
I am not sure what you mean by "alternative" but many of our current treatments-chemotherapy and hormonal therapy are good for treating breast cancer.
There are complimentary treatments (acupuncture, reiki, to name a few) that can be used along with standard therapy but should never be used solely "to cure cancer" these have not gone through the rigorous fda standards.

In brief: Standard regimen
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Marsha Davis