How can I tell if I have hypoglycemia?

Dr. Thomas Knecht
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Define
Hi. Please define hypoglycemia.
If you're not taking diabetes drugs, true pathological hypoglycemia is vanishingly rare. Did you become confused, lose consciousness, have a seizure? If not, there is a popular self-diagnosis of "hypoglycemia" that isn't real. There are rare syndromes where tumors or other conditions can cause hypoglycemia; bet you don't have one. See an endocrinologist if indicated

In brief: Define
Hi. Please define hypoglycemia.
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Blood Test
This is best evaluated by lab-work or a finger stick glucometer.
It is also good to note the hypoglycemia's relationship to other events such as eating, exercise, or the time of the day.

In brief: Blood Test
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Marsha Davis