What are the side effects of radiation therapy for a brain cancer?

Many. Some of the more common side effects from radiation is hair loss, nausea, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, weight loss. It is usually well tolerated although during therapy, you must expect the fatigue and exhaustion associated with radiation therapy.
Depends. Radiation can cause a variety of side effects and complications when treating the brain. These depend on the dose, areas of the brain treated, cancer type, patients' performance status and age, and other treatment factors (surgery, chemo, etc.) the side effects can include: fatigue, memory problems, hormonal dysfunction, visual or hearing changes, hair loss, cognitive changes, edema, necrosis.